hrist Lutheran Church was organized in July of 1925 and has served the San Pedro / Rancho Palos Verdes area for over eighty years.
The church's earliest beginning was In February of 1932 when the congregation laid the cornerstone for the church building at 16th and Cabrillo Streets in San Pedro.
Christ Lutheran purchased the present location on Western Avenue in 1954 and opened a two-room school the following year. Construction started in 1959 for the new sanctuary and gymnasium/fellowship hall which were dedicated in 1960. Since then the church and school have grown to their present size and configuration.