I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— even as the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you— so that you are not lacking in any gift, as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. I appeal to you, the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:4-10
Christ Lutheran Church family;
After much prayer and discussion among the Church Council, and at the recommendation of the Department of Health Services and the CDC, Christ Lutheran Church will be cancelling all campus gatherings. This includes;
- Wednesday Soup Supper and Worship Services
- Sunday Morning Worship Services, Bible Studies, and Confirmation
- And all other programs, including School programs until further notice
***However, we will be livestreaming worship services via Facebook Live*** https://www.facebook.com/Christ-Lutheran-Church-and-School-262344370131/
Facebook Live will be Wednesday Lent Service @ 7:00pm and Sunday Service @ 9:00am
This was not an easy decision, nor a decision that was based on fear or fright. For the time being, this is the best way for us to continue sharing the hope and love we have in Christ, while also living with gentleness and respect as we love others in our community. Even though we can’t gather together during this time, it is more vital now than ever that we be the church that provides the love and care for one another and for others as Jesus has called us to do. Here are some ways we will continue to do that;
- We are forming Care Teams. Each Care Team will have a leader with 5-7 team members that we can check in with one another once a week to provide any prayers or help that is needed.
- All our worship services will be online, either live on Facebook or posted to YouTube later. Our worship bulletins will be mailed or emailed to you so you can follow along during worship.
***For Facebook; log onto your account and search for the Christ Lutheran Church and School Rancho Palos Verdes page or follow this link:
***For the service on YouTube, go to our website https://www.christrpv.com/ and click on “Sermons” Or go directly to the sermons by following this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOGLTAdn7CYq6Al2qiv_zCQ
- We will continue to use Social Media, email, and mail to keep connected to God’s Word and each other with devotionals and letters of encouragement and prayer.
- If you would like a visit for prayer or to receive communion, please contact Pastor Cal at email@example.com or call (310) 831-0848 ext. 1124. Or contact one of our elders (Bill Reichert, Mark Richards, Bert Whitfield, James Kringel, Walter Bloss, Paul Mills).
- Lastly we ask for your continued prayers and support during this new time of doing ministry. In order to continue the mission Jesus has called Christ Lutheran to pursue, please continue to support us through your gifts and donations. We will send out envelopes for giving that you can mail back to the church with your donation or offering. Also, we do have a safe and secure online giving option on our Website where you can click on the “donate now” button to send your offering that way. Or follow this link:
My friends, we have great encouragement that as we remain united in Christ, we will not lack any Spiritual gifts. God’s Word, His promises, and His presence will sustain us and lead us through this time. Also, as we remain untied with each other, we will show our community what it means to be a Christian showing the love, hope, and joy we have in Christ! Here’s some ways to use this time to grow in our faith and love for Jesus and our love and care for others:
- Be the Light of Christ to those around you. Check in with neighbors and family members. Learn what they need and help them. Contact us if you need anything. We will do all we can to help.
• Use this time to try new ways of growing in your faith. Start family devotions if you haven’t already. Begin a Bible reading program. I’d be happy to recommend some readings.
• Remember to watch and follow along with the weekly Church Service video recordings. We will send you the links via email and our Facebook page.
I give thanks to God that we are together on this journey!
God’s peace and love and joy be with you!
Psalm 46: God Is Our Fortress
46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. 6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire. 10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth!” 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.